Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Abbyism of the week

Abby is developing quite the appetite for the written word. She'll bring me a book, set it in my lap, and climb up on the couch next to me waiting expectantly for me to read the words that will sweep her away into a far away land.

Today she brought me a hand-me-down book from Lexi that is an abbreviated version of Disney's Aladdin bound with sturdy cardboard pages. I read the story and when I was done she looked at me as if to say, "Is that it?" I flipped back through the book to show her the pictures. I pointed out Jasmine on the cover and we played a sort of "Where's Waldo?" game where I asked her where Jasmine was on the page.

We began on the cover and when I pointed out Jasmine she leaned in and gave Jasmine a kiss. Each subsequent page she did the same. So cute!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When Abby was on vacation at Nana and Papaw's, she brought Nana books for read. One of her favorites was a Picture Me Book and it had Lexi's baby picture in it. She repeatedly pinted to Lexi as if to say "She's my big sister".