Monday, August 06, 2007

Lexi's First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Lexi's first day at the "big school." Since we missed the open house while on vacation, Stefan and I made the decision to take Lexi to school in the morning and let her ride the bus home in the afternoon. So, that's what we did.

We got to school at about 7 a.m. and took her to her classroom where we met her teacher, Mrs. Reinhard, and the teacher's assistant, Mrs. M. Mrs. Reinhard began showing Lexi what the morning routine would be and you could tell that Lexi was a little reserved. I don't know if it was nerves or the fact that it was early for her, but she really didn't say much.

When we went to leave, I gave her a quick hug and kiss and headed out the door. She then hugged Stefan and it was like she didn't want to let go. I had to tell Daddy to let go or this experience would be dragged out. We left the school and went home. Much like last year, we both didn't know quite what to do. Stefan has yard work to do for his clients, but I was at a loss. The house is much quieter - almost eerily quiet. I feel like I've been going in circles.

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures of her on the way out the door this morning.


1 comment:

Lilli Momma said...

In two years I will be calling for some advice :)