Sunday, August 05, 2007

Disney Trip 2007 Day 7




Friday, August 3, 2007

The day began very early this morning. We arranged a sitter to come and watch Lexi in our room so we adults could go on the Keys to the Kingdom tour at the Magic Kingdom. The Keys to the Kingdom tour is a 4-5 hour walking tour that takes you behind the scenes and tells different facts and secrets about Walt Disney, his aspirations for his parks, and the parks themselves. We even got to go underneath the Magic Kingdom in the utilidors that the Cast Members use to move throughout the park. Quite interesting!

We returned to the cabin around 2:30 to get Lexi and we were off to the Animal Kingdom to finish what we started. We got there right as the parade was beginning so we watched it and made our way over to the safari. We saw hippos, rhinoceroses, elephants, and more!





Lexi loved the whole thing and couldn’t contain her excitement when she spotted an animal. We then, went to ride Expedition Everest (my mom watched Lexi as Stefan, my dad, and I rode this one). This is the newest attraction to Disney World and is a high thrill roller coaster that spirals inside a manmade mountain going both frontward and backward. So scary…yet so worth it! We then rode some rides in DinoLand USA – some good (Triceratops Spin), some not (Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur). On the way out of the park we ate at the Rainforest CafĂ© then made our way back to the Magic Kingdom to finish up any unfinished business there.

(Lexi fish gazing in the aquarium at Rainforest Cafe as we waited for a table)








We first went to the Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor. This is an interactive show that simulates a stand-up comedy show and picks on audience members just the same. When we first sat down, they where showing various audience members on the big screen with funny captions underneath. They showed a picture of my dad with a caption that read, “Is wondering, ‘Are we there yet?’” My dad was shocked and looking all over for the camera while the audience laughed. At the end of the program, they put the spotlight on Lexi (who was adorned in princess mouse ears) and tried to get her to talk, but she was too tired and too shy. They then made some sort of comment that princesses needn’t speak.

Next we went to the Tommorowland Speedway where Lexi drove a car while I operated the gas for her. She had me bouncing back and forth off of the rails that kept the car on course. My mom reminded me of when I was little and she and my dad would take my sister and I on this ride. When we got off, she was glad it was over and my dad was laughing hysterically. With Lexi, I was both glad the ride was over and laughing…who could help but to laugh?

Stefan and Lexi then rode the spinning Teacups. I learned my lesson years ago not to ride this with Stefan, but Lexi loved it and Stefan couldn’t crank the cup fast enough as she was squealing, “Faster, Daddy!”

(During the teacup ride)


(After the teacups)



We then watched Mickey’s Philharmagic (another sensory show) and rode It’s a Small World. In this ride Lexi laughed, giggled and pointed as she would spot different things that tickled her fancy. Her favorite part of the ride, was the Hawaiian scene with the girls dressed in hula skirts and leis.

Finally, at about 1 a.m. we made our way back to the campground to catch some shut eye for the trip home. Our Disney park experiences were concluded and I must say that I think we hit just about everything humanly possible in one week at Disney World with a 5 year old. What a great and memorable trip!

No comments: