Monday, August 13, 2007

Blech!

I am exhausted. Can't pinpoint a specific thing that's making me this way.

1) Stefan joined the Y with me late last week. We have worked out 3 out of the last 4 days. That could have something to do with it.

2) Saturday Stefan, the girls, and I ventured out to get my books for next semester. This task proved much more extensive and expensive than thought because the book store at the school had all but four books that I needed. No problem because General Bookstore is right across the street so I'll just hop on over there and I'll be done. Not quite. They had 2 of the 4 books that I lacked. The last remaining books were novels so I went to Barnes & Noble to finish up the shopping. They had one book, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft. We had originally planned to do some more shopping at nearby stores but Abby started a serious fussy fit so we relented and went home.

Once home I looked over the books that I would get to know very well in the near future and read the foreward of On Writing. What was intriguing is the fact that this book had 3 forewords. So I read them. I then started the section "C.V." (curriculum vitae) and kept reading. This book was very interesting. So interesting, in fact, that as of about 7 p.m. tonight (Monday) I finished the book entirely. Anyone you know that is a writer or wannabe writer would love and benefit from this book.

3) I've had a slight cold. You know the kind with the main symptom being post nasal drip? As if that is not bad enough, it is causing this annoying cough that is seriously disturbing my sleep.

Speaking of disturbing my sleep...

4) I get up each day at 6 a.m. to get Lexi off to school. Most days after she is safe on the bus I crawl back into bed until Abby beckons. It still doesn't eliminate the fact that my sleepy eyes were awake at morning's first crow.

All four of those together, I guess, explain my current state.

On another note Stefan, who has been on vacation since July 26th, finally went back to work tonight. Blech! I have gotten so used to him being home that I have been completely lost tonight doing little more than sitting on my duff nursing my aching body (see #1 above).

More later.

No comments: