Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lexism of the week

Lexi brought home a terrible cold from school like the good little school-going carrier monkey she is. It took a couple of days before Abby and I got it too. Needless to say, with me being sick my patience is a bit short with Abby's belly aching. Why can't kids understand that mommies get sick, too? Due to my sniffling and coughing and Abby's ill at ease we missed Lexi's dance class and my bowling on Tuesday. All for the best I suppose.

Wednesday I probably shouldn't have gone to school but I did anyway with my box of Kleenex tucked securely in my rolling book bag. Apparently, while my mom was babysitting she and Lexi made macaroni and cheese for dinner. After the noodles took their bubbly soak in the pot it was time to add the yummy (<--sarcasm here) cheese powder, milk and butter. My mom took out the tub butter and Lexi reprimanded her saying that you must use the rectangle (stick) butter for macaroni and cheese. Silly Grandma!

I didn't feel as bad then as I did today though. With no plans for the day, I mostly vegged out on the couch all day catching little cat naps when Abby would lay down for hers. When Lexi came home, we had a homework project to do - making a paper doll of herself. We needed construction paper and glue so I took the girls to Wal-Mart. When we got home the girls had their dinner and I laid Abby down. Lexi and I then sat down to get to work. New construction paper, glue, scissors, and glitter glue at hand we got to work. This is our creation.



Of course her doll had to have a pink dress. She also "needed" glass slippers and a purse. We added a necklace with a heart charm. Next, she needed to have a heart on her purse as well. The glass slippers needed "sparkle" so we added silver glitter glue on them. Then Lexi went to work drawing the face and added strawberries on the dress. She told me that tomorrow she wants to wear her Strawberry Shortcake dress that Grandma made her and she wants to wear her hair in pigtails like her doll is.

After Abby went to bed, I turned an episode of Caillou for Lexi to watch so I could rest. I lay on the couch and watched just enough of the episode to catch that Caillou was making breakfast for his parents. I dozed off. When I woke up Lexi was very excited.

"I have something for you in the kitchen!" she exclaimed.

Oh, no I thought.

She then led me to the kitchen table where there was a sandwich. She bore a proud grin on her cute little face.

"What's this?" I asked.

"A jelly sandwich. I would have put peanut butter but I'm not allowed to use knives," she replied with pride.

Awww....

No comments: