Sunday, March 04, 2007

Call me bored...

Well, Stefan's busy season has officially started and thus I have become a widow to his work like I do three months out of every year. The quiet in the house is deafening once the kids turn in for the night. Keeping the girls' going so that they're as unaffected by this is a chore, but it's something I must do to maintain some sort of normalcy in their lives. It's a daunting task and I have much respect for the single parents out there that do it every day. With that said, here's our week in a nutshell.

One day while Lexi was at school, Abby was scooting around the living room - not an unusual occurrence. Of course, like most kids, she surpasses the toys and goes for the everyday items to entertain herself. She found the bucket I loaded with Valentine's Day goodies and found a new use for it and Daddy captured it on camera.



Saturday morning, Uncle Faron met us at our house to accompany us to Lexi's swim lesson. After the nautical fun, we all went to this place for lunch. We then parted ways with Uncle Faron and Stefan and Lexi baked brownies before he had to go to work. The rest of the afternoon was somewhat humdrum.

Lexi kept herself pretty well entertained for awhile. She was watching this movie in her playroom when inspiration struck to make a paper fan. I guess I was busy doing laundry and dishes and the normal household chores because I did not notice the repeated trips for more paper. This is what I found in her playroom - her and her "fan collection."



I received a call from a friend of mine from church later that evening. She and her husband used to live down the street from us but moved. They have a son that is a month older than Abby. She told me that her husband was way too in touch with his feminine side. Evidently, he commandeered her sewing machine and made bibs from leftover material she had once used for scrubs (she's a nurse). Anyway, the patterns were much too girlie for her to put on her son, so they were gifted to Abby who wears them proudly. Thanks Ron!!!




Sunday, the girls and I went to church. When we got there, I dropped the girls in their respective rooms and met up with my friend, Susan, and her husband. We went into the worship center and took our seats. The worship band started playing and they were rocking. There is a vocalist they use every once in awhile that sang today. She is in her late teens and her father also sing occasionally. This girl's voice reminds me of Shania who happens to be one of my favorite singers. When she sings, I love to watch her father's expression. He exudes pride for his sweet daughter and it brings a lump in my throat every time. I am certain that if she pursued her talent, one day she could make it big. Anyway, she was singing when an older gentleman sat next to me reeking of booze so bad that Susan's husband, Ron, who was sitting two seats to my left could smell it. Ron offered me the empty seat to his left but I didn't have the heart to move and offend the gentleman as much as his odor was offending me. He obviously needed to be there and there was no better day than today. Gary preached today on entering into a relationship with Christ and I prayed that the gentleman to my right (who left me thankful I wore scented lotion because I was sniffing my hand through the whole service) would be one to enter that relationship today and conquer his demons.

I guess that's enough rambling for today.

No comments: