Monday, March 19, 2007

Lexi Ballerina

Current mood: busy

Today was the second parent observation week for Lexi's dance class. My mom came to help handle Abby so that I could take still pictures and videos for family, friends, and the two other people in the world that actually read this blog.

I admit that Lexi has improved since the first time around. She wasn't by far the best in the class, but she was more on point with the steps than before. She loved that we were there to see her perform and sheepishly grinned at us every chance she got.

I was able to video tape the dances she will be performing in her upcoming recital. The ballet dance will be to a song from "High School Musical" and the tap dance will be to a song from the movie, "Happy Feet." Abby couldn't contain herself as she jumped up and down in my mom's lap trying to get into the dancing action. I think we have another dancer among us!

The first pic is funny because it is of the finale for their tap dance and they basically form a line and pull the person in front of them slowly backward. I have visions of a replay from The Nutcracker when the soldiers line up and slowly lean backward until the last one is one the floor. I think we'll all see a sea of tap shoes in the air from the girls getting overzealous in their pulling. We'll see.



Next, Lexi awaits the next instructions.



And...point!


STRETCH!!!



That's my girl!!!!!

Next up is a video of Lexi shaking her money maker. I don't know what those faces are that she's making, but she does it whenever she concentrates on anything. As much as you try to bring it to her attention, this is not something that will change about her anytime soon.



And finally, another video of Lexi determined to hit her mark.



I know that I'm behind on posting other things, but I have been so incredibly busy trying to keep up with the girls mostly on my own because Stefan has been working 80 hour weeks for three weeks now. I try to keep them as unaffected as possible, but MAN is it draining on me!

No comments: