Saturday, March 24, 2007

What a day!

Current mood: blah

Last night was yet another rough night for Abby. I don't know what the problem is. She is waking me up every hour starting around 1 am (30 minutes or so after I normally go to bed). It's nothing serious...but it is persistent. It appears that she is just spitting out her pacifier and not able to find it because as soon as I plug it into her mouth, she lays her head down and goes to sleep....that is until an hour later when the same thing happens again.

When I awoke for the final time to begin my day, it was just after 8 o'clock. Of course, Abby was ready to begin her day and making it known throughout the halls of the upstairs. Lexi was already up and dressed and watching TV. She's so great. She's got her schedule down to a science and knows what she needs to be doing that day the minute she wakes up. When I found her in her room, she was fully dressed and I was thinking, 'great! now I'm going to have to undress her and get her ready for her swim lesson.' Nope! She informed me that she had her swimsuit under her clothes and a pair of panties for after the lesson so she wouldn't have to ride home in a wet swimsuit. Pretty impressive that she retained this routine since today was the start of a new session and she had last week off.

After Lexi's swim lesson, she and I were talking about the rest of the day and what we would do. She asked to go out for lunch but I suggested Long Horn for dinner instead since I've been craving prime rib and she has been asking to go for awhile. Just after that, I called Stefan to make sure that he was up and going to get the dogs to their appointment at the vet. I asked him if what he wanted to do for lunch and he suggested going out for dinner. I was flabbergasted!!! He actually is off for the weekend for the first time since the last weekend of February.

He spent the day doing this and that with Lexi. They painted the mailbox my dad made for her playhouse and hung the swing that he told me was a birthday present for Abby but yet it is hanging on our porch now. Anyway, Lexi likes it because it is at her level and when Abby's not using it she plans to swing her baby dolls in it. Always the little nurturer!!!

Here Lexi is pushing Abby.



And as you can see...Abby hates her new swing (<-- sarcasm here)
Bonus: A good unintentional tooth shot!







After that, we took the girls to Long Horn as promised. The food was so yummy. Then we came home, gave the girls their baths and put everyone to bed. I say everyone because Stefan decided it was bedtime for him, too. So here I am...up alone at 10:15...without a sole to talk to for the last three hours. I'm glad he's home and that he is able to get some rest, but the selfish side of me is thinking, 'how is this any different than if he had gone to work?' I'll tell you how, now I can't do laundry because I use our bed for folding and he's in it and I can't go near the bedroom until I am on the verge of sleep myself because the tv lulling me into my dreamworld is out of the question as it will wake him up and he'll never be able to go back to sleep.

No comments: