Friday, March 30, 2007

What is it with me and clean kitchen floors?

Current mood: frustrated

My kitchen floor is cursed. It wants to be dirty. I mean it truly WANTS to be dirty. The last time I cleaned it, I opened the pantry door only to have one of these full of Cheerios come tumbling from the top shelf and bust open all over the floor. This was first thing in the morning, so I didn't quite have my thinking cap on and decided I would vacuum them up. Using the upright only crushed them. Getting increasingly frustrated, I decided to use the hose. Now we're thinking, right? Wrong! The hose got clogged with Cheerios and the next thing I knew a huge cloud of whole grain dust came out. Aargh!

Finally, I conceded to the enemy and used a broom and dust pan. Duh.

Today, I cleaned the floors again while Lexi was at school. The sparkling, clean floor didn't even make it through the night and I wish I could say that it wasn't my fault. I had made Lexi some Macaroni & Cheese for dinner and stored what she didn't eat in a covered bowl in the refrigerator. The next time I opened the fridge, the container came tumbling out and busted wide open on the floor.

I give up!!

No comments: