Friday, March 09, 2007

The Sweat Hog of the Y: a rant by Kaiti Lewitt

Current mood: disgusted

At the Y there are signs posted everywhere for members to wipe off equipment after use. There are paper towels and bottles of cleaner positioned at two posts in the gym. Well, about a month ago, my dad and I were on two of the three recumbent bikes when the gentleman on the third (smacking his gum like it was going out of style) got up and left his bike literally dripping with his sweat. This guy is a meat head that struts his stuff around the gym like everyone is supposed to watch him and his studly manness as he works out. When he does free weights (and even the weight machines) he grunts loudly in a way that if you didn't know better you would think he was "having relations" with someone if you know what I mean.

I turned to my dad and said, "I hope he plans on coming back and wiping that off."

No such luck. I told one of the employees about it because it was absolutely disgusting but before they could do anything about him or the sweat, a sweet old lady sat down at the bike and began her workout. I was going to be sick. This is when my dad tagged him (appropriately) with the name of Sweat Hog.

Since this incident he has been on my crap list as someone that is just too full of himself to even bother with but it's hard when the stinch of his ego just draws your attention to him and his disgusting habits.

Today, he was at it again and this time it was getting on my mom's nerves. She complained to an employee who did not talk to him but said that she would talk to his father who is evidently and employee at the Y. You would think that if his father worked there and he was taking advantage of the facilities that he would have the decency to display appropriate gym etiquette. I guess not.

The Sweat Hog saga continues...

2 comments:

Simpleton Too said...

You are better than me. At this point I'd almost be tempted to make comments loudly enough for all to hear since the Y isn't taking action. So much for a place that all can enjoy.

Unknown said...

We have one of those at Gold's as well. Tim and I laugh at him all the time.