Monday, April 23, 2007

Brain Droppings

Current mood: chipper

Aunts visit from New York

Last Thursday, Stefan's aunts from New York came to visit. This is the first time they have both come and it was great. Friday, they came up to our house along with Stefan's parents and we all had a nice lunch together at Applebee's. From there, the girls all piled into the SUV (Sunny showed great flexibility getting into the backseat through the back gate because the middle row seats couldn't fold due to car seats being in the way) to go pick Lexi up from school.

Lexi was quite confused when she approached the car because she had never met Arlene before and the last time she saw Sunny was when she was almost two. She warmed up pretty quickly though. It was a good visit.

The Laser Show
I had planned to go to the laser show at Stone Mountain with Stefan's family Saturday night, but did not know if it would be possible because this is a very busy school week for me. I was able to get enough done to allow it, but Abby came down with the creeping crud that has been taking hold of the chests of all who dwell in our house. So, Lexi was Uncle Faron's date for the night and to hear her tell it, IT WAS SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!

Great Grandma visit

My Grandmother from Cali was here for 10 days. This was her first visit since Lexi was a tiny baby. I saw her five times during those days. In the five times I saw her she said a couple of disturbing things.

Disturbing thing #1
She eluded to the fact that she has lived a long, happy life and is ready to go when it is her time.

This is nice and all, but who wants to hear a loved one say such things?

Disturbing thing #2
She lectured me 4 times on how I should stick with school and not give up.

I have never given anyone the impression that I'm going to drop out. I am so close to being a senior and am almost done with my program. I am registered for class through this time next year. Does this sound like someone ready to throw in the towel?

Bother.

Here are pics from her visit.






She left to return home today. I miss her already. Selfishly, although she is ready for it to be her time, I hope that this was not our last visit.

No comments: