Saturday, April 07, 2007

Not dressed up and somewhere to go

Have you ever heard of the phrase, "All dressed up and no where to go"? Well, tomorrow my beautiful darlings will experience the opposite. Despite the frilly dresses they both have for Easter, I doubt that they will be adorned in them when we go to church in the morning as it will regrettably be way too cold. They could wear them anyway with their coats over them, but how silly would spring, Easter dresses look with puffalump eskimo jackets over them?

Oh, I don't know...I guess we'll have to see.

The Easter Bunny is a well-orchestrated plan this year. Since I will be serving in the nursery during the 9 a.m. service and attending the 10:30, I convinced Lexi that if she goes to church twice on Easter, the Easter Bunny will hide the eggs at our house while she's at church. Of course, the Easter Bunny will be Daddy who will hide the eggs after I leave with Lexi and join me and my parents for the 10:30 service. Anyway, she bought it as I wiped a bead of sweat from my brow. I don't know what I would've told her if she said no! In fact she bought into it so well that, when I awoke from a nap today to find her painting her own fingernails in her bathroom, she actually cried when I threatened that she wouldn't be able to go to church twice tomorrow!

No comments: