Thursday, April 12, 2007

Just when you thought it was safe to go outside...

I have bad allergies. Actually, I understated that. I have BAD allergies. I'm basically allergic to anything that grows - grass, weeds, trees, mold, dogs, cats, feathers and if that isn't enough, I'm allergic to dust and dust mites, too! Needless to say with record high pollen counts just shy of 5500 this year when 120 is considered high, I've had a miserable pollen season. I found a picture on CNN's website of a driveway coated in pollen with footprints through it - now that paints a lovely picture



Recently, the weather has dipped back down stunting the growth and even killing off most of the things that tickle my sinuses. I actually had a brief window of relief until today when oak, birch, hickory and sycamore trees decided to spread their joy. I can't step outside without sneezing my brains out. Now the weather is turning back around so the stunted grasses will start yet again. There's no relief in sight.

On a brighter note, Lexi's trike-a-thon is taking place tomorrow. I'll have to brave the air because this is something I don't want to miss. Claritin and Sudafed, here I come!

No comments: