Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Stressed spelled backwards is dessert

Call me a chocolate cake! I've got a lot on my plate right now. Current drama aside, I have finals coming up and I have to give a 15 minute presentation in Spanish on Tuesday, my grandmother is coming into town for the first time in five years (yeah!), Lexi's kindergarten registration is this week, I've GOT to get this house clean or I'll go nuts, Stefan's 30th is on Friday, and I'm shopping for a different church to try this weekend. Needless to say, my world right now is a dessert sampler platter.

What makes it all worthwhile are the girls. They keep me laughing. Today, Lexi's playroom was in such disarray that when she came home from school I told her she had to clean it before she did anything else. She went to the hallway and was unable to even enter her playroom because the entrance was blocked with junk. She put one hand on each cheek and said, "Oh...My...Gosh. What a mess!" It's pretty bad when a five year old capable of overlooking most things thinks that something is worthy of the title "Mess".

Abby, on the other hand, deserves the title of Mess. She was worming around on the floor today when she decided to chase poor Lou (Stefan's dachshund). Lou doesn't mind and is a VERY mild tempered sort. Actually, he lacks a temper all together. I don't even think he noticed because he was too busy terrorizing Brandi (my yorkie) who wasn't thrilled at all. So there's Brandi, backed into a corner against the couch with Lou on his back pawing at her face and wagging his tail like a madman. This was too much temptation for Abby who wanted his wagging tail, so she was trying to catch it giggling her cute little giggle. Now that's bliss!

No comments: