Saturday, April 28, 2007

A day with the girls

Current mood: giddy

It always amazes me. You can give a child all the toys in the world, and they'll fall in love with the packaging. Today Abby decided that an M & M package was more worth her time than her assortment of toys. I HAD to take some pictures of this. Maybe one day they'll come in handy when she asks for something outrageous and I remind her that she used to think that just packaging was cool.




As for Lexi. I mentioned yesterday about her latest obsession with Ariel. I didn't realize that it went a little deeper than that. Today when we were at Publix, they had a display of princess storybooks 3/$10.00. Since my grandmother left her some money before she went back home, I told Lexi that she could use grandma's money for the books if she chose to. She picked out three books - one Cinderella, one Little Mermaid, and one Snow White. Quite the little assortment until I realized that they all had to do with weddings and/or anniversaries.

This brought back conversations Lexi and I have had in the last few weeks on the topic. I remember she would tell me that she wants to get married. I would tell her to wait until she was a grown up and to just concentrate on being a kid for now. She would then ask me how old I am. When I told her 28, she said she would wait until she was 28, too. Sounds good to me!!!

Anyway after we read all the books, Lexi was inspired to dress like a bride. She took her ballet tutu and turned it upside down on her head as an improvised veil, put on her "glass slippers," and changed into a dress (she had been wearing shorts and a shirt). Here's a picture of the little bride herself.




Later, once she changed back into her previous outfit, Lexi grabbed a book that she had been given by her Pre-K program called "Over in the Meadow." She grabbed a little chair and crossed her legs and began reading the book in a teacher-style voice.




She then finished the page and held up the book so I could see the picture and proclaimed, "I'm doing it just like Mrs. Eastridge!!!" (who is her teacher of course)




Aaaah! I didn't realize that I was the class and she was the teacher. Do we have a third generation teacher coming up in the ranks? We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: