Friday, April 27, 2007

Lexism of the week

Current mood: good

Lexi's speech therapy has enhanced her life in many ways. She has come out of her shell socially and she chatters non-stop. Now it has improved her musicality in the sense that she is no longer as tone deaf as she once was.

Lately, she has been obsessed with Ariel from the Little Mermaid. She watches the movie over and over. She once asked me to sing the song that Ariel sings in her underwater cavern filled with "gadgets and gizmos of plenty." Now Lexi sings this song all around the house mixing the lyrics in a way that is too funny for me stand. I wish I could remember now some of her improvised lyrics. Maybe they'll come to me later.

None the less, she performs the song as she sings it. When Ariel says, "I want more." Lexi holds her hands tightly to her chest during "I want" and expands them up and outward as she sings the word 'more.' She's quite the little performer. I can't wait for her to see the Ariel show at MGM this summer. The last time we went, she was in awe of the show, but this time around she knows the words so I can envision her singing along. I can't wait.

No comments: