Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Everyone is a critic

I recently pointed out to someone that they were inappropriate for something they did only to receive a lashing with many assaults and hand grenades thrown and aimed for the heart of my character. Accused of making myself into a victim too much, I don't want pity. I bought into this load of crap hook, line, and sinker and actually for a moment yesterday moved my blog. I then rethought this because I didn't give you, my readers, any warning. I reverted and moved it back. I then locked the blog and granted permission to certain email addresses (the reason some of you received emails) but then thought better of it as I don't know the email addresses of all my readers. I then posted my last post telling you all that I was willing to inconvenience you just to lock out "a couple of bad seeds." But like this person who can't take any criticism whatsoever can throw me out of his/her organization, I can ask that he/she leave my page.

This is my spot here. I've been judged harshly for some of the things that I have said here. I consider this to be a mixture between a journal and an online scrapbook. I've written anecdotes involving the girls, rants of certain things that bother me (not trying to play the victim), and praises about the church that I poured 2 years of my life into.

One post I wrote "On When What You Can Do Just Isn't Good Enough" has been criticized for the fact that I was complaining about the church when I clearly stated that it was more or less about my own feelings of inadequacy.

Nonetheless, most of you are here because you were invited here as a window into my world because too many of us are too busy to remain in contact like we once did. It's understandable. A lot of you are friends or family from other states, some are people from the church, and some are local but we don't see each other very often because life gets in the way. Most of you have found your way here because either Stefan or I have invited you. Some are here by referrals from some of our family members so that their friends can see our girls grow up and I am thankful for every last one of you that is here without judgment and with good intentions.

I will not be made to feel that I need to run and hide from the boogyman. This is my space and I won't bend for anyone. Maybe later I will post about the situation that caused all of this. But right now, I need to let the emotional dust settle and allow my wounds to heal.

No comments: