Monday, May 28, 2007

Busy, busy, sudsy

This weekend was so busy but yet so much fun. It doesn't feel like a three day weekend, though, because Stefan worked on Saturday. Needless to say, Friday and Saturday were pretty uneventful except for the fact that, on Saturday, I wrote an email forgiving someone who hurt me in the past and I was surprised by the immediate feeling that a weight of burden had been lifted from my shoulders. It didn't even matter to me that the recipient actually read it or responded for that matter. It was just something I had to do to allow myself to move forward and achieve a sense of closure.

Sunday, we got up and took the girls to brunch at Applebee's. Afterward, I dropped Stefan and Abby off at the house and Lexi and I had a big girls afternoon date at the movies. We saw Shrek The Third and it was a good movie. I was a bit concerned given the fact that we hadn't seen the first couple of installments, but the movie was easy to follow. I'm sure there are some things I would have picked up on had I seen the others, but I didn't feel like I was missing anything.

Before the movie started I told Lexi I love her to which she promptly returned the affection. I told her she was a good kid and she just smiled. I asked if I was a good mommy and she said...no. What?!?!?! She explained that I am a good mom, but I am mean to her too much. I questioned this further. Her definition of mean is when I tell her 'no'. Kids!!! Good times anyway.

Later in the evening Stefan's parents and brother came over. Stefan was showing off our new water meter (I was thinking of all the things...) to his brother when he found the meter completely submerged in water. Great! After an unanswered call to our community management who had hired the contractor to install the faulty meter, Stefan and his brother went to The Men's Toy Store to get the necessary means to fix the problem. Good thing Stefan was showing off a meter or we wouldn't have discovered this until our first water bill independent from our Home Owner's Association. That wouldn't have been good.

Monday we spent the morning doing piddly things around the house which means I had a date with my boyfriend (AKA Ken Moore. Get it? Kenmore?) and Stefan helped to keep the kids out of my hair while I did laundry, dishes, or anything else that needed to be done that caught my eye. For the umpteenth time, our dryer refused to dry during a normal cycle. I was fed up. I showed Stefan the evidence of something I've only told him about before. He shrugged and on we went downstairs to research new washers and dryers on the internet and then we went on with the rest of the day. We went to my sister's house in White, GA and had yummy food that my bro-in-law cooked up for us. After dinner, he made a sinful chocolate chimichanga. This should not even be legal it was so yummy.

When we got home, I went to the laundry room to pick up where I left off. The previously undried load was finally dry. Stefan came in to check on the load's progress and I told him it was dry. He then decided it was time for a new w/d anyway and researched various stores and if they were having Memorial Day sales worth taking advantage of. this store was, so he unloaded his lawn equipment from the trailer and picked up the new loves of my life.

A friendly neighbor assisted in moving my new fraternal twin boyfriends (AKA Mr. W. Earl Pool, and his bro Swirl). Meanwhile Lexi was interested in the box so she could use it as a play house. Again with the boxes!!!! Here's my blackmail shot for her when she asks for help with rent in the future. I'll show her this pic and remind her that a box was good enough when she was 5.



Once the kids were in bed and the twins were ready to go, our evening consisted of sitting on the laundry room floor watching the clothes tumble in both machines trying to figure out the inner workings of my new boyfriends. How pathetic are we?

All-in-all it was a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations of the new washer and dryer. I hope it makes your life easier.