Monday, May 07, 2007

Only in the South

Lexi's fixation of getting married, like an interest rate on a bad loan, compounds daily. She has said in the past that she won't get married until she is 28. This sounds good to us! But now she is experiencing some anxiety over this subject because she doesn't know WHO she will marry when she is 28.

One day last week, she asked Stefan if he would marry her. He let me answer that as he was way too flustered to deal with it on his own. I explained to Lexi that he was married to me and it's against the rules to marry more than one person. "You don't want Daddy to go to jail for breaking the rules, do you?" I asked her. She said no. Moments later she asked if I would marry her. I told her the same rules apply for everyone and that I would be breaking the rules. That was the end of that. Until...

Sunday we got together for lunch with Stefan's parents and his brother. Lexi sat in between Faron and myself. With the noise of the restaurant and the other conversations going on at the table, I didn't pay attention to what was being said between Faron and Lexi until Faron abruptly turned to me asking if I heard what Lexi just said. I hadn't. Evidently, she asked him to marry her!

I wonder how many boys in her class have gotten proposals from our dear darling.

The saga continues...

No comments: