Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lexism of the week

Current mood: dumfounded

Earlier this week, the dinner menu in the house was mac & cheese and fruit salad. When I told this to Lexi she started to squirm and to have a whining, eye-rubbing meltdown. I tried to talk to her rationally about what was wrong but there was no getting through to her. I used threats of going to bed with no dinner to no avail. Finally, I gave in and called Daddy at work. He as able to discern through Lexi's tears, moans, and groans that she wanted the mac & cheese but not the fruit salad.

I was confused. Lexi has always loved fruit - especially fruit salad. What was the problem? I asked her this question and her calm, rational response was, "I like the fruit part, I just don't like the salad part."

For the rest of the meal fruit salad was only refered to as fruit...and all the fruit was, in fact, consumed. Picky, picky.

No comments: