Thursday, May 31, 2007

School's out for summer....not so fast Kaiti

Lexi's first official day of summer vacation was on Tuesday. The reality of not returning to Pre-K hit her pretty hard. She woke up in a panic and was very angry. When we asked her why she was so mad, she stated that it was because no one woke her up. I explained that being able to sleep in is a perk to summer vacation. She still wants us to wake her anyway. She also didn't make it past noon that day before she went to the closet and took out her workbook asking me to do them with her.

Today is my first day of summer school. I am only taking one class but it is one that I dropped before. The reason I dropped was because it required a 30 page single-spaced paper, attendance at "Math Nights" which are talks that last about 2 - 4 hours, and of course the usual tests and quizzes. At the time, I thought it was too much time for an undergrad course not to mention I had a 4 1/2 month old at home that I didn't want to miss a waking minute with. Thus I decided to drop it and I don't regret it.

To prevent myself from dropping it this time, I took it by itself during the summer so I wouldn't be tempted to drop because I wouldn't be taking anything. At the time I thought I would WANT to be taking something but, at this point, I'm dragging and taking nothing is exactly what I want to do.

Press on Kaiti, get your butt to school.

No comments: