Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Liar, liar

Current mood: frustrated

Abby is bound and determined to make a liar out of me. This happens to all parents at one point or another. You may say that your child can perform a certain task yet when you want the child to display it, they refuse.

Well, Abby has been having a fussy spell. I think the issue is that she wants to be more mobile than what her body is capable of and she voices her frustration. In fact, yesterday while Lexi was in dance class I was sitting in the lobby of the studio with Abby and she wanted to crawl around on the floor. I would normally let her do this but the floor was exceptionally dirty this week so I tried to keep her in my lap. After wrangling her for what seemed like forever, I was quite frustrated and ready to just sit out the hour in the car. Only a few minutes had passed.

Another mom walked in and saw my state. She asked what was wrong and I tried to explain how fussy Abby was. She didn't believe me because while I was trying to explain it, Abby was laughing and smiling with her! The mom and I then went to Publix to do some shopping. Abby was still in a great mood. When I got an aisle ahead of the other mom, Abby started her fussiness again. I had my back to Abby while perusing the abundant selection of table foods for her when all of a sudden she was giggling again. I turned around to see the other mom had caught up to us again.

This mom does not believe that Abby was in a sour mood at all.

No comments: