Friday, May 11, 2007

Lexisims of the week

Current mood: busy

There are two Lexisms this week because I couldn't decide between the two.

Do you have 72?

A couple of weeks ago, Lexi and I were shopping at K-Mart. While there, we got Lexi some new markers - a pack of 72 from Rose Art. Lexi was beside herself! She's done colorful pictures of rainbows and various pages from coloring books and whatnot.

Last weekend when we were out with Uncle Faron, he said something about a friend of his named Mark Hersch (sp?). Since he was in the front seat and Lexi was in the back, I doubt that she heard anything up to the point where Faron said the name.

"Do you have 72, Uncle Faron?" she asked.

Faron was quite confused. When she kept asking him, it occurred to me that she thought Faron had said 'markers' so I explained to him.

"I only have one Mark Hersch," he said.

Not catching on to what Faron was saying, Lexi still thought he was talking about markers. "What colors do you have?" she asked.


A very confusing invitation

Yesterday, for Abby's birthday, I had the idea to invite my parents over for dinner because it didn't seem right to me that it was just me and the girls to celebrate Abby's actual birthday. When Lexi heard me mention it on their answering machine, she got excited and went into party planning mode.

She dictated an invitation to me and it went something like this,

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

You are invited to a fancy tea party at Ruby's house that
there's going to be a surprise birthday party at Ariel's house.
And we are planting a birthday party for Abby and it's going to
be at Ariel's house so you better get ready and wear fancy clothes.

We're going to have a pinata and some flowers. The flowers
are going to be in the middle of the table so it's going to be
a super, super wedding. Then we're going to have to get married
and everyone will bring glitter and sparkles.


Love,
Lexi

Notice how it started out as a tea party then progressed to a birthday party then to a wedding? She is relentless!!!! Good thing she didn't write the actual invitations for Abby's birthday party or no one would know where to go! And by the way, is it possible to plant a party? Just wondering.

No comments: